Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Hovering Husband (Pasta alla Norcina)

Today I was so happy to actually have in the house the makings of what my husband wanted for dinner. I asked him to tell me what he wanted and he said, "Please make me that pasta with the mushrooms and sausage that you found on that food blog you read." That was easy.


I made it at 4:00 so the baby could have some. There's something about my one year old gobbling down my cooking that just tickles me to no end. As my husband says, "The baby is a good customer!"


When Dave walked in at 8:00 pm he literally stood behind me while I heated it up for him. Like right behind me, hovering. I think if I had turned around I might have caught him drooling. This truly is his favorite dish.

Pasta Alla Norcina

INGREDIENTS

    • 1 Pound Mild Italian Sausage
    • 1 Small Onion, Finely Diced
    • 8 Ounces Fresh Mushrooms, Cleaned And Coarsely Chopped
    • 2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled & Minced
    • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
    • 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
    • 1/2 Cup Dry Red Wine
    • Salt & Pepper
    • 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream

    • To Serve:
    • 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley and Basil
    • Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese

INSTRUCTIONS

    1. Remove the sausage meat from the casings, and cook until no longer pink in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, breaking up the meat with a fork as it cooks. Once the meat begins to brown, add the olive oil, onions and mushrooms and continue to cook until the onions and mushrooms are soft and just beginning to brown. Add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
    2. Add wine, and simmer uncovered a few minutes until the wine has reduced by half. Add cream and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Continue to cook over medium low heat until the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes at which time you can bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Keep the sauce warm and cook your pasta of choice until it is al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Add the sauce to the pasta in the pot, adding just a little water if the sauce seems too thick.



1 comment:

  1. Know what I am making my BF for dinner next week. That sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete